Anti-doping Seminar in Antananarivo, Madagascar
In cooperation with the Madagascar National Olympic Committee, the Madagascar Weightlifting Federation held an Anti-doping Seminar on 4-5th of August, 2017 in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
The Experts representing the NOC were Nirina Willy Antoine RASAMOELA, Medical Commission Member and Radonirina Zafinjato RAKOTOMANGA, Secretary General of the Medical Commission and Coaching Director.
The participants were retired athletes, athletes, including the National Team, Coaches, Club Officials, Doctors from National Leagues.
Nirina Willy Antoine RASAMOELA covered the following topics in his presentation:
– Overview of the fight against doping;
– Roles and Responsibilities of the World Anti-Doping Agency and a brief summary of the most important rules in the World Anti-Doping Code;
– The Anti-Doping Administration and Management System (ADAMS).
Radonirina Zafinjato RAKOTOMANGA spoke about the subjects below:
– The doping control process;
– Prohibited Substances and Methods;
– Results Management;
– Athlete Biological Passports.
The IWF congratulates the Madagascar Weightlifting Federation and thanks the National Olympic Committee of Madagascar for their kind cooperation and hopes that the Seminar will promote Weightlifting in Madagascar.
Source: Jean Alex H RANDRIAMANARIVO, President of the MWF