The partnership between the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) and the International Testing Agency (ITA) began in 2018 and has been ongoing with high success ever since.
The partnership is further evidence of the IWF’s clear and considerable commitment to protecting clean athletes and promoting clean sport.
It builds on several years of consistent improvements on the part of the IWF and its member federations, achieved with the support of the Clean Sport Commission, the World Anti-Doping Agency, the International Olympic Committee and others.
The ITA is responsible for key areas of the IWF’s anti-doping programme:
- Detailed risk assessment
- Test distribution planning and management
- In-competition testing
- Out of competition testing
- Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) management
- Management of the IWF Athlete Biological Passport programme
- Result management
- Long-term storage and re-analysis of samples
- Support with regard to the IWF’s education programmes